calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Khai Tran <kht...@linkedin.com.INVALID>
Subject Piglet update
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 20:16:01 GMT
Hi all,

I just want to check if anyone is working on Piglet. I've not seen any
commits on the source for awhile.

I had ~3K LOC for converting Pig scripts into Calcite logical plans. My
approach is different from the one in Piglet. I used Grunt Parser from Pig
to parse Pig scripts and then write the code to convert Pig logical plans
into Calcite logical plans. So technically, we can translating any Pig
scripts into Calcite plans (and then into SQL).

The interesting points about the conversion are about handling Pig UDFs,
Pig flexible schemas. and converting Pig nested foreach operators

The code will be tested in LinkedIn production. Just want to check if there
are interests in the community so that I can ask for permission to public
the code.

Thanks,
Khai