calcite-dev mailing list archives

From barry squire <bmsqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Row Lineage - implementation advice
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2017 01:47:07 GMT
Hi everyone,

Calcite's SQL parsing, planning and execution using the enumerators module
looks like a pretty good fit for an application I want to develop. However,
I have one requirement that I'd really appreciate some guidance on.

Given an SQL query, I'm looking for a way to trace the lineage of a row
from source tables, through each operator and eventually to the results.
This is so I can produce something similar to pig illustrate (
http://research.yahoo.com/files/paper_5.pdf).

I'm still very new to Calcite, but if I understand it correctly, I think
could modify the BlockStatement that is generated in each
Enumerator.implement function to track lineage between input and output
rows. This doesn't seem wise though as it would lead to a custom fork that
I'd need to maintain.

Can anyone provide some insight into the best way to approach this problem?

Thanks