calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Calcite vs Catalyst
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 23:28:54 GMT
Heya,

I've been using Spark recently and have stumbled across a couple surprising
bugs/feature gaps. It got me curious about how Calcite would handle the
same scenarios. Basically, I'm wondering if Calcite would handle these
scenarios directly or if it would defer to the underlying runtime. I.E.,
would I be better off for this task with Calcite via Hive or Drill vs.
Catalyst via Spark.

Here are the tickets for reference.

SPARK-19615 Provide Dataset union convenience for divergent schema
SPARK-19609 Broadcast joins should pushdown join constraints as Filter to
the larger relation
SPARK-19638 Filter pushdown not working for struct fields

Thanks in advance!
Nick