calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A few assorted things
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 00:33:59 GMT
Many thanks, Josh, for moving Avatica to its own repo. A much needed re-potting.

As Avatica becomes more successful, I noticed a couple of sites referring to “Apache Avatica”.
I’ve started a thread discussing how we want Avatica to be branded.

A while back we changed notifications so that commits went to the commits list, and only the
first message per JIRA case went to the dev list. I think this was a big improvement in the
level of traffic on dev. I am very pleased that we keep the traffic below 200 most months[1].

I fear that GitHub review comments will push the traffic unacceptably higher. (We fix about
100 issues in a 3 month release, and if each of those has 3 review comments, that’s 100
extra emails on the list per month.) Since pull requests are almost always associated with
a JIRA case, I would rather that only people who have chosen to watch that JIRA case get notified.
I don’t know whether it’s possible to tie PRs to JIRA cases.

Julian

[1] https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/calcite-dev/ <https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/calcite-dev/>