calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A few assorted things
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 14:44:24 GMT
Julian Hyde wrote:
> I fear that GitHub review comments will push the traffic unacceptably higher. (We fix
about 100 issues in a 3 month release, and if each of those has 3 review comments, that’s
100 extra emails on the list per month.) Since pull requests are almost always associated
with a JIRA case, I would rather that only people who have chosen to watch that JIRA case
get notified. I don’t know whether it’s possible to tie PRs to JIRA cases.

That's a very real fear :)

I would assume that it's possible to remove Github emails to the dev
list and instead rely on the JIRA comments automatically placed by the
Github integration. I think the only downside here is that pull requests
could be "lost" if the creator doesn't put a JIRA id in the pull-request
subject line.

I can file a JIRA issue asking if the dev-list emails piece are an
"optional" component of the github integration. Otherwise, I can
un-moderate the chatter (and just set up a filter to not bug me :D)