calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dependency-free avatica client
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2017 23:55:34 GMT
That’s great news.

If any of you are using Avatica to connect to your database, either let us know on this list,
or let Ken Shaw (the author of usql) know. The more entries we have on that page [1] the quicker
people will find out about Avatica.

We should tighten up the branding a bit. It’s not really “Apache Avatica”, so I think
we should ask him to style it “Avatica, a sub-project of Apache Calcite”.

Julian

[1] https://github.com/knq/usql#database_support <https://github.com/knq/usql#database_support>

> On Apr 2, 2017, at 3:24 PM, F21 <f21.groups@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> I discovered a universal sql CLI client written in golang: https://github.com/knq/usql
>
> The author has added support using my Avatica golang driver (github.com/Boostport/avatica).
The client has no dependencies and compiles down to a single binary. This makes it easy to
start querying your avatica servers without having to setup a Java environment.