calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Materialized view case sensitivity problem
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:00:03 GMT
Rather than "select id, name from document” could you create your view as "select `id`, `name`
from document” (or however the back-end system quotes identifiers). Then “id” would
still be in lower-case when the JDBC adapter queries the catalog.

> On Aug 24, 2017, at 5:17 AM, Christian Beikov <christian.beikov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My main problem is the row type equality assertion in org.apache.calcite.plan.SubstitutionVisitor#go(org.apache.calcite.rel.mutable.MutableRel)
>
> Imagine I have a table "document" with columns "id" and "name". When the JdbcSchema reads
the structure, it gets column names in upper case. Now I register a materialized view for
a query like "select id, name from document". The materialized table for that view is in my
case a view again defined like "select ... AS `id`, ... AS `name` from ...".

> The row type of my view correctly is "id, name". The row type of the table "document"
is "ID, NAME" because the JdbcSchema gets upper cased names. Initially, the row type of the
query for the materialized view is also correct, but during the "trim fields" phase the row
type gets replaced with the types from the table. Is this replacement of field types even
correct?