calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: String concat operator symbol "+"
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2017 18:55:14 GMT
No plans, but contributions would be welcome. Like ‘%’ [1] and ‘!=‘ [2], these should
be allowed only in in particular conformance modes. Please log a JIRA case now, and attach
a pull request when you have one.

Do you expect concat to accept exactly 2 arguments or any number?

Julian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1897 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1897>

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1374 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1374>

> On Aug 3, 2017, at 5:22 AM, roger shi <rogershijicheng@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>

> I find different DBMS supports different string concat operators, "+", "||", and concat
keyword. Calcite does not support symbol "+" as string concat operator, while some BI tools
depend on it. Is there any plan to support it? If there's a patch to enable the feature, is
it possible to be accepted?