calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Beikov <christian.bei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Materialized view case sensitivity problem
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 12:17:44 GMT
My main problem is the row type equality assertion in
org.apache.calcite.plan.SubstitutionVisitor#go(org.apache.calcite.rel.mutable.MutableRel)

Imagine I have a table "document" with columns "id" and "name". When the
JdbcSchema reads the structure, it gets column names in upper case. Now
I register a materialized view for a query like "select id, name from
document". The materialized table for that view is in my case a view
again defined like "select ... AS `id`, ... AS `name` from ...".

The row type of my view correctly is "id, name". The row type of the
table "document" is "ID, NAME" because the JdbcSchema gets upper cased
names. Initially, the row type of the query for the materialized view is
also correct, but during the "trim fields" phase the row type gets
replaced with the types from the table. Is this replacement of field
types even correct?

Because of that, the assertion in the substiution visitor fails. What
would be the appropriate solution for this mismatch?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
*Christian Beikov*