calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Beikov <christian.bei...@gmail.com>
Subject Sequence support
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2017 17:27:44 GMT
Hello,

I am new to Calcite but I already got quite far with integrating it into
a test project. Now I am a bit stuck and I am not sure what is happening.

I would like to use Calcite for data federation, but first I am trying
to simply put it between the application and the actual JDBC connection.
I read something on the website that operations aren't pushed down to
JDBC schemas yet? That would be unfortunate as that is something I
actually need. Can you confirm what the status of that is?

While trying to insert data, I noticed that SQL sequences don't seem to
be supported. Is there a special undocumented syntax for retrieving
sequence values? I tried "next value for SEQUENCE" as something in
SqlKind was suggesting that might be the appropriate syntax but it
didn't work.

Finally, I also noticed that transactions don't seem to work properly.
Apparently CalciteMetaImpl#commit throws an
UnsupportedOperationException? Am I missing something here or is that a
current limitation?

Thanks in advance!

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,