calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Towards Calcite release 1.15
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2017 23:28:29 GMT
An update on release 1.15. We’re still on track for first RC on Monday.

We never seem to do a good job of verifying Calcite’s adapters. Can I have volunteers to
validate the Cassandra, Mongo, and Druid adapters? I plan to test Calcite on Windows.

The following issues remain for the release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-707 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-707>
Server and DDL (julian)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2018 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2018>
AssertionError: rel has lower cost (julian to review PR #552)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2041 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2041>
Adding the ability to turn off nullability matching (julian to review PR #563 and #570)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2054 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2054>
UPDATE with parameters (julian to review PR #568)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2061 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2061>
Parameters in OFFSET and FETCH (julian to review PR #569)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1861 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1861>
Spatial indexes
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1616 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1616>
Data profiler

All are “best effort”; i.e. they may not make it into the release.

Can someone please review 707? It is an important change.

Julian