calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Recycling Planner objects
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 08:52:16 GMT
I am going to use Calcite Planner inside my DBMS.
I would like to understand which objects can be reused and which objects
are treated in a dynamic fashion.

Planner object, is this cachable ? I see i is not stateless. Is it better
to alwayes create a new instance or could it be reclycled ?

Table statistics:
are them evaluated at every time a query is to be planned ?
at least the table size

Schemas:
in a live system schema changes, but as far as I have undestood the Schema
is part of Framework config.
Which is the best strategy ? to drop the current framework config and all
cached objects in case of a DDL command ?

Execution Plans:
Are RelNodes cachable ? I see they have strong references to the planner
which built the object.
I am looking to a cache like QUERY -> PhisycalPlan

Regards
Enrico