calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Tzolov <ctzo...@pivotal.io>
Subject About the Spatial functionality
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2017 10:59:10 GMT
Hey there,

I'm exploring the new Spatial (https://calcite.apache.org/docs/spatial.html)
functionality and i've been trying to figure out what are the minimal
requirements for using it with my custom adapter.

Following the guidelines i've set LENIENT  conformance in my jdbc URL (
jdbc:calcite:conformance=LENIENT;
​model=...my model​
​
​
​)

But I am not sure how define the GEOMETRY column types?​

Currently my custom Schema/Table factory implementation infers the column
types from the underlaying system's field types.

So it seems that i need to change my implementation and somehow to hint
which fields needs to be mapped to GEOMETRY types?  Or perhaps i can try to
do some expensive casting in SQL?

Are there any guidelines, examples ​for using Spatial functionality on 3rd
party (e.g. custom) adapters?

Thanks,
Christian