calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updates to Calcite community from R&D activites
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 21:21:44 GMT
Edmon,

Thank you for taking the initiative with this. The web page and the monthly meeting are excellent
ideas. In addition, people can of course start discussions on the dev list. (In the Apache
way, the “dev” list is not just for development - it is more like the kitchen table, where
anything can be discussed.)

We have successfully and concisely communicated our “D” collaborations using the “powered
by” page https://calcite.apache.org/docs/powered_by.html <https://calcite.apache.org/docs/powered_by.html>
and its logo chart https://calcite.apache.org/img/powered-by.png. The logo chart features
in most of our presentations, because it is a great tool: you can show it for 15 seconds,
wave a hand and say “we integrate with a lot of projects”, or you can talk in depth about
the adapters for 15 minutes. Do you think research projects should be featured on the “powered
by” page and chart? (Or perhaps a separate chart?)

Julian