calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Abbas Gadhia <ab_gad...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Multi Product support in a single RelNode tree
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2018 06:01:47 GMT
Hi,
I want to build a RelNode tree with different conventions on different RelNodes (for example:
in the following select query "select * from t1,t2", t1 is a table from Oracle and t2 is a
table from SqlServer).

I'm confused whether i should be using a single SchemaPlus to hold table references from both
Oracle and SqlServer or I should be creating a different SchemaPlus for each product. Different
SchemaPlus would force me to use a different RelBuilder, so my guess is that a single SchemaPlus
with the following hierarchy may suffice ("oracle" -> "database1" -> "schema1" ->
"t1"). However, I suspect this single hierarchy (with the product name inside) may not play
well with other parts of Calcite.
Any thoughts, however small would be appreciated.
Thanks
Abbas