calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clone of Chinook as an hsqldb jar on Maven Central
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 00:56:05 GMT
Luis,

Are you making any progress publishing to maven central? We are blocked waiting for this.

Julian

> On Jan 17, 2018, at 2:52 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> OK, great.
>
> If you wish, feel free to make a copy of https://github.com/julianhyde/chinook-data-hsqldb
<https://github.com/julianhyde/chinook-data-hsqldb> as a starting point. I will fork
your project when you have established it.

in http://central.sonatype.org/pages/ossrh-guide.html <http://central.sonatype.org/pages/ossrh-guide.html>.

> Can you please update https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2088 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2088>
when the artifacts are published.

> Julian
>

>> On Jan 17, 2018, at 2:46 PM, Luis Rocha <luis@luisrocha.net <mailto:luis@luisrocha.net>>
wrote:

>> Hi Julian,
>>
>> Thanks for contacting me! I am glad to hear you are using Chinook database as a test
data set. Yes, I am interested in publishing it to Maven Central and own this project. Does
it sound good for you?

>> Thanks,
>> Luis
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 10:34 AM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org <mailto:jhyde@apache.org>>
wrote:
>> Luis,
>>
>> I am a committer on Apache Calcite and we have received a pull request to add Chinook
as a test data set[1]. Rather than add Chinook to Calcite, I am proposing to package the data
set as a mavenized jar and publish it on maven central[2]. I have done the same in the past
for other data sets[3][4], and it has proven quite popular. Java projects are able to include
them as test data sets with low friction.

>> Before I take the step of publishing to Maven Central, I wanted to find out what
you think. As you are the original author, I believe you should have the right to do this,
and all of us wish to avoid unnecessary forks.

>> Here are some of the options I see. If you would like to own this project, you are
most welcome — in fact I would prefer it. Also, let me know if you would prefer an organization
name instead of net.hydromatic. (You would have to get permission from Sontatype to publish
artifacts of that organization.) And, let me know if there are changes I should make to the
README.md, NOTICE to give you due credit.

>> Please let me know, either by replying to this email or by commenting on the GitHub
issue[5]. If I don’t hear from you, my plan would be to release net.hydromatic:chinook-data-hsqldb:0.1
on Maven Central in the next few days.