calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Mior <mm...@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Re: Updates to Calcite community from R&D activites
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 21:30:35 GMT
I'm personally not a big fan of the chart in general. I love the powered by
page, but the chart is somewhat annoying to update and doesn't link out to
the external projects. I would prefer actually listing out the projects
(still with logos). However, I understand that having the chart on the
webpage is nice to quickly drop into presentations so I don't feel too
strongly about changing this.

As for the research contributions, I really don't think a similar chart is
the best way to do this. I think it would be much nicer to give the full
citation information and a link to the project. I'm certainly not opposed
to having a chart on top of this, but that means we need to have some type
of visual representation of each project which I don't think we have the
skills to do effectively.

--
Michael Mior
mmior@apache.org