calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Gian Merlino <g...@imply.io>
Subject Re: Setting up Calcite development with IDEA
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 03:36:49 GMT
Welcome to Calcite!!

To start go to File > Open... and open up Calcite's "pom.xml" file. When
IntelliJ asks if you want to open it as a project or a file, say you want a
project. Also say yes when it asks if you want a new window. Then,
IntelliJ's Maven project importer should handle the rest.

I also made this (partially complete) IntelliJ code style config that you
can import: https://gist.github.com/gianm/27a4e3cad99d7b9b6513b6885d3cfcc9.
It doesn't do everything needed to make Calcite's style checker happy, but
it does a decent amount of it. To import, go to Preferences > Editor > Code
Style, click the gear next to "scheme", then Import Scheme > IntelliJ IDEA
Code Style XML.

Gian