calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Baynes <ch...@contiamo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Calcite 1.16.0
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2018 10:44:50 GMT
New release would be great!
I'd very much like to get the ClickHouse dialect PR in the next release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2157
though I haven't figured out an easy way to integrate this into the calcite
test dataset (commented about this in the jira issue).

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 9:22 AM, Shuyi Chen <suez1224@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot, Julian. I think I can try to make it before Mid March.
>
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 2:46 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Shuyi,
> >
> > I forgot to ask: What would be your preferred time-frame for the release?
> >
> > Julian
> >

> > > On Feb 16, 2018, at 10:59 AM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > My preferred time-frame would be to start a vote on Mar 1 or soon
> after.
> > So we’d have a release by say Mar 10. That gives us 2 weeks to produce an
> > Avatica release. But I’m flexible - the release could happen a couple of
> > weeks later in March.
> > >
> > > In my queue I have the Geode and Jethro adapters. Both are almost ready
> > to commit - I just need to get clean test runs. I am interested in
> > finishing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2160 <
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2160> (a grid index to
> > support spatial joins) or at least some blocker issues regarding CROSS
> > APPLY that I ran into while working on this.
> > >
> > > Take a look at the pull request queue https://github.com/apache/
> > calcite/pulls <https://github.com/apache/calcite/pulls> - there are a
> lot
> > of half-complete PRs, more than usual. If the authors want make a
> concerted
> > effort to complete them before the release they should speak up now, and
> we
> > can be flexible.
> > >
> > > Julian

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2045> (Create
> > for

> > months —
> > Although
> > blocker

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2182> <
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2182>>

> > a72dbd9103489058562f26a943f7f5 <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/
> > a72dbd9103489058562f26a943f7f5>
> > http://3cdev.calcite.apache.org/>%3E <
> <
> > https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a72dbd9103489058562f26a943f7f5>
> > http://3cdev.calcite.apache.org/>%3E>

> ago).
> > start
> if

> Julian,

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2181>

> > future."
> > >

> --
> "So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future."

--

*Christopher Baynes*
CTO

*Contiamo – all your data in one place*

Winterfeldtstrasse 21 | 10781 Berlin | Germany

E-mail:  chris@contiamo.com

Web: www.contiamo.com
<http://t.sidekickopen65.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs4X9YtjW8q-fZW65jv3RW2zhrDH56dLV8f5DKhvM02?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.contiamo.com%2F&si=5165279625740288&pi=bff9f6a3-d8a4-4bf6-87d5-a5464041547d>

Contiamo GmbH, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
HR Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB Nr. 156569
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Tilmann Doll, Michael Franzkowiak