calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Edmon Begoli <ebeg...@gmail.com>
Subject Updates to Calcite community from R&D activites
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 21:06:14 GMT
Dear members of Calcite project:

Here are some updates and plans from the members of the Calcite project who
are focused on the R&D with and for Calcite.

1. As you know, our Calcite paper was accepted to SIGMOD, and we are now
working on the final, camera-ready submission. Conference is June 10th -
June 15th, 2018 in Houston. Julian and I will co-present.

2. We are moving forward with other R&D initiatives:

    a) Development of the Calcite benchmark, CALCITE-2168
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2168>
    b) Performance profiling and study, CALCITE-2169
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2169>
    c) Performance optimizations, and improvements (if needed, and if
deduced from by a and b)
    d) Research into applications of semantic/RDF/graph technologies, and
streams reasoning

and work on code improvements, and publications resulting from 2. a) - 2. d)

4. Having a monthly, online R&D community meeting (TBD, Edmon will
coordinate)

5. Develop a sub-page on the main site () called "Research with Calcite",
Edmon will developed
(credit for idea to Riccardo Tomassini)

Finally, here is the document that we will use to document general work of
the Calcite research sub-community:
https://goo.gl/zmqdU1

If you want get involved, and contribute to any sub-area please email me,
and I will get you an edit access, and access to a specific document for
the R&D sub-area.

Thank you,
Edmon