calcite-dev mailing list archives

From "ptr.bojko@gmail.com" <ptr.bo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up Calcite development with Eclipse
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:14:50 GMT
First thing first - install maven as an external tool. Then point your
Eclipse to use it.Just as the your looking results suggest :)

My personal opinion about the case is that this is not the problem of
setting up calcite with any IDE to have working build/run/debug/test
commands but rather effective using maven tool with IDE. So I would not
document the project import procedure itself but rather the coding
conventions used in Calcite and how to set them up in IDE, for example
checkstyle rules or formatting. After few lines in Netnbeans IDE from very
different development culture I know how it is painful to code few lines in
Calcite in their own conventions.

I would search some tutorials about using and importing maven projects into
IDEs and point to them in Your contribution.  Such solution should lead
developers to have more abstract notion where Calcite begins as a coding
project and where tools like maven have their responsibilities, especially
when even few changed java lines in Calcite could lead to changes in maven
project descriptors (pom.xml files). Having that said I follow with
describing coding rules in Calcite - formatting and checkstyle would be the
first.