calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Farkas <tfar...@mapr.com>
Subject Unit Testing Planner Output
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 17:51:21 GMT
Hi All,

I've recently been working on Drill ticket to make sure Drill's planner (calcite) does not
assume the HashJoin operator preserves ordering by removing the Collation trait. I'm at the
point where I want to write a decisive unit test for my change. Currently Drill tests the
output of it's planner by producing an explain string for a query and matching regexes against
it to see if the output looks kind of right. I'm not particularly confident in this approach
and was wondering if you guys have a better way to test planner outputs and the effects of
traits like the Collation trait?

Thanks,
Tim