calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jhyde.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Standardizing" streaming SQL
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2018 23:42:26 GMT
I’m not personally a fan of wikis. (If your goal is a web site that can be edited by users,
then markdown + PRs works pretty well in the Apache world. And you’re less likely to end
up with an unstructured mess.)

But I do strongly believe in sketching out a specification (and if not obvious, a design)
before starting work. It allows for feedback before the person doing the work is too invested.

The Stream-SQL-TCK project is not under Apache so it would be GitHub issues rather than Apache
JIRA cases, but it would work the same.