calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jcama...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Calcite 1.16.0 released
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 05:38:03 GMT
Hi Sebb,

On 3/19/18, 4:32 PM, "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

    On 19 March 2018 at 19:21, Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jcamacho@apache.org> wrote:
    > The Apache Calcite team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
    > Calcite 1.16.0.
    >
    > Calcite is a dynamic data management framework. Its cost-based
    > optimizer converts queries, represented in relational algebra, into
    > executable plans.  Calcite supports many front-end languages and
    > back-end data engines, and includes an SQL parser and, as a
    > sub-project, the Avatica JDBC driver.
    >
    > This release comes three months after 1.15.0. It includes more than
    > 80 resolved issues, comprising a large number of new features as
    > well as general improvements and bug-fixes to Calcite core.
    >
    > You can start using it in Maven by simply updating your dependency to:
    >
    >   <dependency>
    >     <groupId>org.apache.calcite</groupId>
    >     <artifactId>calcite-core</artifactId>
    >     <version>1.16.0</version>
    >   </dependency>
    >
    > If you'd like to download the source release, you can find it here:
    >
    >   http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-1.16.0/

    The website has a good download page here:

    http://calcite.apache.org/downloads/

    This includes links to hashes and sigs and so is more useful than the above URL.
    It also does not need to be changed with each release.

    May I request that you use it in future announce emails please?

Seems like a good idea, I will change the release documentation.

Thanks,
Jesús