calcite-dev mailing list archives

From AshwinKumar AshwinKumar <aash...@g.clemson.edu>
Subject Re: Updates on Benchmarking and Optimization Research for Calcite
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2018 15:40:30 GMT
Hello Dev Team,

I am trying to run queries on Apache HIVE by setting the flag
*hive.cbo.enabled* to true and also to false and then compare the metrics.
I have a few questions regarding the same -
1. Do I need to set *hive.stats.autogather(to gather the tables statistics)*
to true as well before setting turning on the CBO.
2. Is there any other flags which I need to set to activate the calcite CBO
.

Also could you please let me know what is best way to obtain any
instrumentation data from Calcite process.

Thanks,
Ashwin