calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Solimando <alessandro.solima...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding more tests for SparkAdapter with external data sources
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2018 22:04:49 GMT
Hello,
I'd like to push https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2185 futher
by adding more tests to the Spark adapter, this time using external data
sources.

I am familiar with accessing external data from Spark in a Spark
application (CSV, JDBC etc.), but I don't know how this could be achieved
with the existing test environment in Calcite.

I had a look at the existing test suites for other adapters, but they were
of no help, as they are aiming at loading data, and not at using other data
sources (that is my target now).

Did I miss something and any existing tests for other adapters could be
re-used?

If no, any suggestions on how to set external data sources to be used in
Spark tests?

PS: if you agree that this new test addition is beneficial, shall I open a
new JIRA case for it?

Best regards,
Alessandro