calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Chunhui Shi <chunhui....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we safely assuming that the rules match nodes which are closer to root would execute earlier than those rules matches nodes which are closer to tableScan?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2018 03:37:41 GMT
I think the answer is no.

At least that is my impression with volcano planner in latest Calcite.
Matched rules will be categorized by matching root nodes' classes. And the
execution, which is, the onMatch() function, will be executed in the order
of iterating through the categories. So the order is not related to the
relnode level or the order of rules in the rule list.