calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Gindi <jack.gi...@opengov.com>
Subject Where does query translation happen?
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2018 22:01:07 GMT
Hi,

I've been exploring some of the calcite code -- in particular, the
mongo-adapter -- and I cannot seem to figure out where the translation from
a sql-like query to a mongo pipeline is actually taking place (in the mongo
adapter test code). I've tracked the untranslated sql through the
CalciteAssert code and can't figure out where the conversion is actually
happening. I can see how the relational algebra gets used to build up the
mongo pipeline, but I don't see where code that constructs the pipeline is
active in the test code.

Following up on the above,
(1a) What would be the best way to do sql->mongo translation using existing
code?
(1b) If (1a) is not a sensible approach and the mongo-adapter
pipeline-building capability cannot be factored out, what would be the most
sensible approach to hand-rolling sql->mongo translation?

Thanks,

Jack