calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Chuang <francischu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Avatica 1.12.0
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2018 01:44:28 GMT
I just had a look at using the "bulk change" functionality. I chose
"transition" as the operation and "close issue" as the operation type. I
can see that I can add a comment for the bulk change, but there is still
no check box for "Send mail for this update". Some googling suggests
that I need to become a project administrator:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-861257342.html

Is this something I can request via INFRA or is there a formalized process?

Francis

On 3/06/2018 1:37 AM, Julian Hyde wrote:
> That checkbox only exists when you are using Jira’s “bulk change” functionality.
>
> Julian
>
>> On Jun 2, 2018, at 03:00, Francis Chuang <francischuang@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> This is my summary for the week ending 1 June 2018:
>> - Many thanks to Julian, Josh, Karan, Sergey and Haohui for contributing, reviewing
and merging CALCITE-2022, CALCITE-1884, CALCITE 2303, CALCITE-2284.
>> - Most of the PRs on Github in my initial list has been resolved, except the following:
>>      - CALCITE-2219 (Laurent): https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/33
>>      - CALCITE-2322 (Kevin Minder): https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/49
>>
>> - Additional issue added to list:
>>      - CALCITE-2350: Cannot shade Avatica with Guava 21.0 or higher (In progress,
Julian)

>> Are there any other issues people would like to work on for the 1.12 release?
>>
>> I am updating the release history as we go. See here for the current version: https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/commit/15af8fd2210024f1cddaecdb9388842b76a79ea6
>>
>> Question for Josh: I was reviewing the documentation for publishing a release: https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/docs/howto.html#publishing-a-release-for-calcite-committers.
>> It says to close all the issues resolved in this release during the publishing process.
In particular, it says to uncheck "send mail for this update" when closing those issues. I
just had a look in JIRA and I do not have this option to not send mail when closing out those
issues.

>> Francis
>>
>>> On 29/05/2018 6:37 PM, Francis Chuang wrote:
>>> Avatica 1.11.0 was released on March 6 (more than 3 months ago). We should discuss
the next release (1.12.0).

>>> The current consensus is to have a release in around 2 weeks.
>>>
>>> The JIRA tracking the release is CALCITE-2330 [1].
>>>
>>> As the release cycle for this would is a bit short, I think it would be a good
idea to focus our efforts on low hanging fruit, bugs and features/enhancements that won't
take a lot of time (unless someone is able to dedicate significant resources).

has done some investigation, so I hope this is a relatively simple fix. Test is here: https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/36

>>> CALCITE-2250 [3]: Avatica with HSQLDB hangs when using multiple transactions.
Kevin has done some investigation and the issue is easily reproducible.

is closed. Work has started: https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/33

>>> CALCITE-2333 [5]: Stop releasing ZIPs. Assigned to myself.
>>>
>>> Nice to haves:
>>>
>>> CALCITE-1049 [7]: SQLException not correctly propagated. This is preventing clients
from taking different actions when they encounter different SQLExceptions. However, the fix
might not be too simple.

>>> I'd also like to use this release to clean up the PRs on Github:
>>>
>>> CALCITE-1884 [8]: DateTimeUtils produces incorrect results for days before Gregorian
cutovers. https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/11 The PR is almost a year old. Can
someone please take a look at this so we can merge or close it?

Is active and will be in this release: https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/48

to be implemented, can someone please review? https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/49

isoyear and decade. Can someone please review? https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/50