calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Alan Gates has gone emeritus
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2018 20:31:53 GMT
Thanks for letting me help.  Calcite was a pleasure to mentor and I've enjoyed seeing it become
the default optimizer for big data projects inside and outside Apache.

Alan.

On 2018/06/05 21:04:33, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
> Alan Gates has resigned from the Calcite PMC, and is now an Emeritus PMC member.
>
> “Emeritus" is an unofficial designation for former project members (PMC or committers)
that allows us to recognize their past efforts[1]. I have created a new section on the web
site[2] for such emeritus members.

> Alan was one of Calcite’s mentors during incubation, and played a very significant
role getting the Calcite project (then called Optiq) into Apache. Thank you for everything
you’ve done for us, Alan!