calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Sereda <and...@sereda.cc>
Subject Re: CassandraAdapterTest failure
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2018 20:55:26 GMT
Hi Julian,

Can you please tell if you're getting same (or different) error for all
java versions (8,9,10 etc.)  ?
Do you get this error consistently or intermittently (flaky behaviour) ?
What is the stack trace ?

It will help me debug the issue.

Regards,
Andrei.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 4:40 PM Igor Kryvenko <kryvenko7igor@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Also works fine for JDK 10.
>
> ➜  cassandra git:(master) ✗ java -version
> java version "10.0.2" 2018-07-17
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13, mixed mode)
>
> Kind regards
> Igor Kryvenko
>

> On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 at 23:03, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > What about on JDK 10? Here’s my java version:
> >
> > $ java -version
> > java version "10" 2018-03-20
> > Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10+46)
> > Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10+46, mixed mode)
> >

> > > On Aug 1, 2018, at 12:58 PM, Igor Kryvenko <kryvenko7igor@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > "mvn -Pit clean test" works fine for me.
> > > Ubuntu 18.04
> > > java version "1.8.0_171"
> > >
> > > Kind regards
> > > Igor Kryvenko

> -Pit

> > saying

> > rather

> Sereda)

> this
> be

They
> build

> of

> CassandraAdapterTest.
Any test
> > that

> of

PR.

<andrei@sereda.cc

Unit. Will check

<
> snuyanzin@gmail.com

on Windows): while
under
> calcite\cassandra
these files in
> target

Sereda
> <andrei@sereda.cc

init Phase. Most likely
> > with

Mior <
> mmior@apache.org

Ubuntu before pushing this
> > and
said, I agree that it's
reverting for now or (more

Julian Hyde <
> jhyde@apache.org>

all on Ubuntu Linux. The
> > machine
copying one filesystem to
> > another

0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0,
> > Time
FAILURE! - in
 Time

> org.apache.calcite.test.CassandraAdapterTest.initCassandraIfEnabled(

begin
> > 0,
> > >>>>>>>>>>>>>

> org.apache.calcite.test.CassandraAdapterTest.initCassandraIfEnabled(

0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0,
> > Time
- in
 Time

> org.apache.calcite.test.CassandraAdapterTest.initCassandraIfEnabled(

9:

1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0,
> > Time
FAILURE! - in
 Time
daemon did not start
> > within

10:

> > org.apache.calcite.jdbc.CalciteRemoteDriverTest
1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0,
> > Time
FAILURE! - in
FAILURE!

EXPR$1=b"

> org.apache.calcite.jdbc.CalciteRemoteDriverTest.testRemoteExecuteQuery(

that the suite shows 4
> different
the load on my machine was
the problems are just testing
suites waste time and effort.
Cassandra test is more
> > flaky

AM, Andrei Sereda

OS / maven do you have ? What is
> your

X java 8,9 and 10.

2:05 PM Julian Hyde <
> > jhyde@apache.org

error when I run the tests on
else see it?

> org.apache.calcite.test.CassandraAdapterTest
1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0,
FAILURE! - in