calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Sereda <and...@sereda.cc>
Subject Re: CassandraAdapterTest failure
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2018 23:28:36 GMT
Is it possible that you run several maven processes in parallel ?

Unfortunately currently there can be only one CassandraAdapterTest (setup()
method really) running on a box in parallel.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 4:55 PM Andrei Sereda <andrei@sereda.cc> wrote:

> Hi Julian,
>
> Can you please tell if you're getting same (or different) error for all
> java versions (8,9,10 etc.)  ?
> Do you get this error consistently or intermittently (flaky behaviour) ?
> What is the stack trace ?
>
> It will help me debug the issue.
>
> Regards,
> Andrei.
>
> On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 4:40 PM Igor Kryvenko <kryvenko7igor@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Also works fine for JDK 10.
>>
>> ➜  cassandra git:(master) ✗ java -version
>> java version "10.0.2" 2018-07-17
>> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13)
>> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13, mixed mode)
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Igor Kryvenko
>>

>> On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 at 23:03, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > What about on JDK 10? Here’s my java version:
>> >
>> > $ java -version
>> > java version "10" 2018-03-20
>> > Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10+46)
>> > Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10+46, mixed mode)

>> -Pit

>> > saying

>> > rather

>> Sereda)

>> this
>> would be

They
>> build

>> parsing of

>> CassandraAdapterTest.
Any test
>> > that

the only flaky

<andrei@sereda.cc>

fixes the issue:
parsing.

a different PR.

>> <andrei@sereda.cc>

Unit. Will check

<
>> snuyanzin@gmail.com

least on Windows): while
under
>> calcite\cassandra
these files in
>> target

Sereda
>> <andrei@sereda.cc

test init Phase. Most likely
>> > with

Michael Mior <
>> mmior@apache.org

under Ubuntu before pushing this
>> > and
That said, I agree that it's
reverting for now or (more
by default.

Julian Hyde <
>> jhyde@apache.org>

all on Ubuntu Linux. The
>> > machine
was copying one filesystem to
>> > another

>> org.apache.calcite.test.CassandraAdapterTest
0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0,
>> > Time
FAILURE! - in
 Time

>> org.apache.calcite.test.CassandraAdapterTest.initCassandraIfEnabled(

>> begin
>> > 0,
>> > >>>>>>>>>>>>>

>> org.apache.calcite.test.CassandraAdapterTest.initCassandraIfEnabled(

11:

>> org.apache.calcite.test.CassandraAdapterTest
0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0,
>> > Time
FAILURE! - in
 Time

>> org.apache.calcite.test.CassandraAdapterTest.initCassandraIfEnabled(

JDK 9:

>> org.apache.calcite.test.CassandraAdapterTest
1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0,
>> > Time
FAILURE! - in
 Time
Cassandra daemon did not start
>> > within

JDK 10:

>> > org.apache.calcite.jdbc.CalciteRemoteDriverTest
Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0,
>> > Time
FAILURE! - in
<<< FAILURE!

EXPR$1=b"

>> org.apache.calcite.jdbc.CalciteRemoteDriverTest.testRemoteExecuteQuery(

that the suite shows 4
>> different
Clearly the load on my machine was
the problems are just testing
test suites waste time and
>> effort.
embedded Cassandra test is more
>> > flaky

11:33 AM, Andrei Sereda

/ OS / maven do you have ? What is
>> your

on MacOS X java 8,9 and 10.

at 2:05 PM Julian Hyde <
>> > jhyde@apache.org

following error when I run the tests on
Anyone else see it?

>> org.apache.calcite.test.CassandraAdapterTest
1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped:
>> 0,
s <<< FAILURE! - in