calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exception-handling in built-in functions
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2018 17:24:33 GMT
Hey, folks. We need your input here. This is a crisis.

I do not want us to become a project where people rule by veto, override consensus, and (heaven
forbid) back out each other’s commits. But this case is the third instance where this has
happened (2438 and 2458 are the other instances, all within the past few weeks) and it is
becoming a pattern. I am finding it less and less pleasant to interact with this project.

Julian

> On Oct 15, 2018, at 11:10 AM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> There’s a discussion on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-525 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-525>,
"Exception-handling in built-in functions” that seems to be heading for stalemate. There
is a PR that I am inclined to accept (with some modifications, probably), and based on his
comments so far, Vladimir seems to be set against.