calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Zoltan Haindrich <k...@rxd.hu>
Subject Re: CALCITE-2458 Use of Kotlin for unit tests
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2018 12:23:16 GMT

On 10/3/18 12:50 PM, Vladimir Sitnikov wrote:
>> I would like to note that this change have also altered that now all tests
> in the core module are now compiled by the kotlin compiler.
>
> What do you mean by that?

If I understand it correctly it works by wrapping around the java compiler somewhere inside
the plugin; to enable bi directional callability between kotlin and java classes.

...or I'm interpreting the output of the below commands incorrectly?

rm -r core/target/{test-,}classes/
mvn install -pl core -DskipTests -Dcheckstyle.skip org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-maven-plugin:1.2.71:test-compile
find core/target/test-classes -name *.class|head

>> Right now it is not possible to compile the core module's tests without
> kotlin support
>
> Why do you want that?
> Even if Kotlin tests are moved to a separate module, it would be impossible
> to compile that module "without kotlin support".

I tend to only work with a single module; which I have something to do...in Calcite that's
usually just core; I don't see any reason to load all the others - it will just
compile them all the time - and it usually just fills my workspace with stuff I don't need
- if it was a separate module: I wouldn't ever load the kotlin test module...only
if it breaks...

Zoltan