calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Zoltan Haindrich <k...@rxd.hu>
Subject Re: CALCITE-2458 Use of Kotlin for unit tests
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2018 10:19:43 GMT
Hello,

I would like to note that this change have also altered that now all tests in the core module
are now compiled by the kotlin compiler.
As I think Calcite is still a java library: I think that it would be better to compile and
run the main tests by the supported platform's tools - and probably move the
kotlin tests into a separate submodule.
Right now it is not possible to compile the core module's tests without kotlin support: because
the only kotlin test which contains "hello world" have made into the
CalcitesSuite.java.

regards,
Zoltan