calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jcamachorodrig...@hortonworks.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Where do we draw the line?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2018 18:35:33 GMT
Is it OK for a PMC member of this community to engage with a new contributor to the project
in this way?
https://github.com/apache/calcite/commit/b470a0cd4572c9f6c4c0e9b51926b97c5af58d3f#r30950660

I wanted to bring everyone´s attention to the issue because I do not believe this behavior
contributes to the health of the project, welcoming new contributions, etc. The same could
have been said in a very different way, and I do not think Zoltan was engaging disrespectfully.

I am not sure whether I am overreacting, I would like to hear others opinion. Does anyone
else in the PMC find this disturbing? Does the ASF provide clear guidelines about how members
of a community should engage with each other?

Thanks,
Jesús