calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Chuang <francischu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Avatica 1.15.0
Date Thu, 09 May 2019 04:11:56 GMT
Thanks for looking into this, Danny!

I think that covers all bases. My only suggestion would be to see if you
can use Squirrel SQL as the client and see if the error messages come
back:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3040?focusedCommentId=16830674&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16830674

On 9/05/2019 1:21 pm, Yuzhao Chen wrote:
> Broadly I think redundant error msg is much better than nothing, so revert CALCITE-2845
is more accepttable.

> It seems the most breaking changes are from [1], but there are no more tests so I just
revert CALCITE-2845, and do these check:

> 1. Revert CALCITE-2845
> 1. Test Calcite-Avatica master branch locally and passed
> 2. Change Calcite master's avatica dependency version to 1.15.0-SNAPSHOT and test locally,
also passed

> Are there any other tests that I should do ? I’m wandering if I missed something.
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/blob/b7c6de180aa2f9cfa840504012d42c625595161d/core/src/main/java/org/apache/calcite/avatica/AvaticaConnection.java#L559
>
> Best,
> Danny Chan
> 在 2019年5月9日 +0800 AM9:34,Francis Chuang <francischuang@apache.org>,写道:
>> Many thanks, Danny!
>>
>> On 9/05/2019 11:33 am, Yuzhao Chen wrote:
>>> Francis, I will help to take this issue.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Danny Chan
>>> 在 2019年5月9日 +0800 AM6:33,Francis Chuang <francischuang@apache.org>,写道:

Calcite can