calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Calcite 1.20.0
Date Wed, 01 May 2019 00:32:10 GMT
I don’t feel strongly about it, but my vote is for 1.15 rather than 1.14.1.

I don’t want people to infer that it’s easy for us to do patch releases and start requesting
them on a whim. (It’s not that hard, but we’re all volunteers.)

Julian

> On Apr 30, 2019, at 4:16 PM, Francis Chuang <francischuang@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I am happy to be RM for the next version of Avatica. This should be a pretty small release
with 1 bug fix.

> Before I open a separate thread for it, should it be 1.14.1 or 1.15.0? We have never
made patch releases and have always made minor or major releases.

> On 1/05/2019 9:12 am, Kai Jiang wrote:
>> +1 release 1.14.1 or 1.15.0 for unblocking CALCITE-3040
>> On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 3:59 PM Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>>> I think that CALCITE-3040 means that Avatica 1.14.0 is not a useful
>>> release. (I do take Vladimir’s point that clients should be smarter. But
>>> they are not. We changed, and we broke them.) So let’s release an Avatica
>>> 1.14.1 or 1.15 before we release Calcite 1.20.

>>> also be upgraded. However, CALCITE-3040 [1] was just opened for Avatica and
>>> appears to be caused by CALCITE-2845 [2]. If this is a blocker for Calcite,
>>> we can (maybe) wait until Avatica 1.15.0 is released and upgrade it in the
>>> next Calcite release, but I do think the Jetty upgrade to Avatica 1.14.0 is
>>> a pretty important.

>>> executed
>>> keys

>>> will