calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Calcite 1.20.0
Date Fri, 31 May 2019 18:28:37 GMT
How are we doing? What must-fix bugs remain?

I asked Danny to fix some deprecation warnings, which he duly did[1], but now I think I was
mistaken, because he did so by removing a bunch of methods whose arguments were the now-deprecated
class SemiJoin. This has become a breaking change with not even a minor release notice, and
I think we should back it out before 1.20. I’m going to re-open 3102 and declare it a blocker
for 1.20. Sorry I screwed up, Danny! Let’s discuss in the JIRA case.

Julian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3102 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3102>

> On May 28, 2019, at 5:18 AM, Yuzhao Chen <yuzhao.cyz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks so much for your work, Michael,
>
> Let's get CALCITE-3055 into 1.20 version, because  it fix an important function regression.
I will merge it in if finishes the review.

> [1] https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/1230/files
>
> Best,
> Danny Chan
> 在 2019年5月28日 +0800 AM1:41,Michael Mior <mmior@apache.org>,写道:
>> Thanks Julian! I'm hoping we can get 1.20.0 out this week. I did some
>> cleanup on JIRA and pinged a few for some status updates and I think
>> we're in reasonably good shape.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Mior
>> mmior@apache.org
>>
>> Le mar. 21 mai 2019 à 19:13, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> a écrit :
>>>
>>> I agree with Michael’s timeline “a week or two”. How about code freeze
on Friday 31st May, 10 days from now, and RC0 on Mon 3rd June?