calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Chuang <francischu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CALCITE-2905: Maven -> Gradle: any thoughts
Date Thu, 30 May 2019 11:04:11 GMT
This is a good idea. For avatica-go, I've implemented something similar
using a bash script and docker-compose [1] [2]. For avatica, I've also
implemented a bash script and docker-compose for making releases [3]
[4]. Hopefully, this is something we can do for avatica as well, then we
can remove the bash script and use docker-compose to wrap around Gradle
(for those who want to run the release build process in docker).

Currently I've the following steps automated (see avatica's HOWTO for
more details [5]):
1. Build release.
2. Upload release to dev svn respoitory and generate vote email.
3. Tag final release and push and then move rc release to the release
svn repository.

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica-go/blob/master/docker.sh
[2]
https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica-go/blob/master/docker-compose.yml