calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Yuzhao Chen <yuzhao....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Avatica 1.15.0
Date Thu, 09 May 2019 03:21:40 GMT
Broadly I think redundant error msg is much better than nothing, so revert CALCITE-2845 is
more accepttable.

It seems the most breaking changes are from [1], but there are no more tests so I just revert
CALCITE-2845, and do these check:

1. Revert CALCITE-2845
1. Test Calcite-Avatica master branch locally and passed
2. Change Calcite master's avatica dependency version to 1.15.0-SNAPSHOT and test locally,
also passed

Are there any other tests that I should do ? I’m wandering if I missed something.

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/blob/b7c6de180aa2f9cfa840504012d42c625595161d/core/src/main/java/org/apache/calcite/avatica/AvaticaConnection.java#L559

Best,
Danny Chan
在 2019年5月9日 +0800 AM9:34,Francis Chuang <francischuang@apache.org>,写道:
> Many thanks, Danny!
>
> On 9/05/2019 11:33 am, Yuzhao Chen wrote:
> > Francis, I will help to take this issue.
> >
> > Best,
> > Danny Chan
> > 在 2019年5月9日 +0800 AM6:33,Francis Chuang <francischuang@apache.org>,写道:
> > > According to the issue, it blocks CALCITE-2817 [1], however CALCITE-2817
> > > was in Calcite 1.19.0, which was released before Avatica 1.14.0.
> > >
> > > I am happy to revert CALCITE-2845 as I am pretty keen to get the ball
> > > rolling for Avatica 1.15.0, but can someone please confirm that it's
> > > safe to revert CALCITE-2845? We don't want to end up in a situation
> > > where Avatica 1.15.0 is broken and ends up blocking Avatica-Go and
> > > Calcite again.
> > >
> > > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2817

Calcite can