calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Hongze Zhang <notify...@126.com>
Subject Re: How to access map field value in an Array
Date Sun, 05 May 2019 16:05:32 GMT
Hi Vishwas,

The way to access elements from array or map is documented[1] on Calcite website. Is that
what you need?

By the way, the ordinal you use to access an array should start from 1 rather than 0. For
instance, if you execute SQL:

> select x[2]['key2'] as v from (values(array[map['key1', 'value1'], map['key1', 'value1',
'key2', 'value2']])) as t(x)

The SQL is good, and Calcite will give you result "V=value2".

Best,
Hongze

[1] http://calcite.apache.org/docs/reference.html#value-constructors