calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Grgurina <Ivan.Grgur...@fer.hr>
Subject Rewriting queries with Calcite
Date Thu, 02 May 2019 09:30:01 GMT
Hi, I'm working with Apache Calcite for my master thesis.

The idea is to rewrite queries to multiple data sources, and Calcite is a serious candidate
to be the tool for that job.

At the moment, I'm trying to use Calcite as a library to create rules that will rewrite queries
during planner execution. I'm basing my current solution on https://github.com/tzolov/calcite-sql-rewriter
code.

My question would be if that's the best practice? What's the best way of creating a library
based on Calcite that will be used in the end-user applications? What is the dev idea behind
connecting that library to end-user application, as well as connecting it to Calcite?

I have some idea of how that should work (based on above mentioned tool), but I would love
to hear how do it properly from the devs.

Thanks

Ivan Grgurina
Research Assistant (ZEMRIS)
[cid:fd9737d6-99f3-495e-b9dc-125d48a7fe35]<https://www.linkedin.com/in/igrgurina/> [cid:75f56a20-a74c-42db-8cf8-6f9855492a08]