calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CALCITE-2905: Maven -> Gradle: any thoughts
Date Thu, 30 May 2019 10:09:14 GMT
Update: I think Gradle-based build for JMeter is 99.42% complete, and I'm
quite happy with that (the link is still
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/448 )
I have commands like "./gradlew prepareVote" that builds artifacts, stages
them to dist.apache.org / repository.apache.org, builds documentation
preview, publishes it along with RAT report to a Git repository (e.g.
GitHub pages preview), and prepares "[VOTE]" email.
Note: I have stub implementations for Nexus, SVN (
https://github.com/vlsi/asflike-release-environment ), so everybody can try
that out with zero risks of updating apache.org servers.

I have "./gradlew runGui" that builds artifacts and launches the app
automatically (== which would be very handy for our ./sqlline since we can
delegate classpath build and cache to Gradle)

If you are feeling lucky/curious, please check out apache/jmeter/pull/448
and try loading the project in IDE / executing some commands (there's a
list in PR description)

The only "sad" point I found is Kotlin-based build scripts take a bit to
compile (e.g. it might take 10-20 seconds to compile "10 build scripts"
after modification of the core build file), however I think it is not a
problem since we don't modify build files often. Subsequent executions are
super-fast.

Vladimir