calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CALCITE-2905: Maven -> Gradle: any thoughts
Date Thu, 30 May 2019 12:34:46 GMT
Francis>using a bash script

Oh, that is a great amount of work.

I'm not sure if release procedures for Avatica and Calcite differ much,
however it might be a good idea to migrate Avatica first.
I guess the number of changes coming to Avatica is much less, and we can
polish Gradle / release there.
What do you think?

By the way, I like the way Gradle enables to release *without* committing
changes.
In other words:

1)
$ gw build
> Configure project :
Building JMeter 5.2.0-2ba449c-SNAPSHOT

2)
$ gw -Pnightly=false build
> Configure project :
Building JMeter 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT

3)
$ gw -Prelease build
> Configure project :
Building JMeter 5.2.0

Of course the version has to be updated after the release, however
a) There's nothing to rollback in case of a failure which is supercool
b) Everybody else can build exactly the same commit in "release mode" and
verify if the produced SHAs match the ones published by a release manager.

Vladimir