calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Pasterkamp <markpasterkamp1...@gmail.com>
Subject ClassCastException RelOptCostImpl VolcanoCost while using HepPlanner
Date Wed, 01 May 2019 13:26:57 GMT
Dear all,

While playing around with the HepPlanner I ran into an issue where the
planner wants to rewrite a query with a union rewrite. When the
RelMetaDataQuery computes the cost, the cost instance is a VolcanoCost.
Then when it tries to calculate the cost of one of the union's operands it
is a RelCostImpl which results in the ClassCastException.

How would I go about solving this issue? As far as my knowledge goes, I am
not able to change the costhandler of the RelMetaDataQuery. Another
approach I could see is removing the cast in the VolcanoCost class, but I
would hope I do not have to do that.

With kind regards,

Mark