calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Muhammad Gelbana <m.gelb...@gmail.com>
Subject How to implement a binary operator using a single method for overloaded forms ?
Date Mon, 13 May 2019 15:51:17 GMT
The title must be very confusing but I couldn't come up with a better one.

I'm trying to implement the PostgreSQL posix regex binary operator[1], the
operator can be case in-sensitive (~*), negated (!~), both (!~*) or simple
case sensitive (~). This can be implemented using a single method:
*posixRegex(String
op1, String op2, boolean isCaseSensitive, boolean isNegated)*

I defined the implementor method in RexImpTable but I can't have the
generated code to call the signature I mentioned. It's always attempting to
call *posixRegex(String op1, String op2)* which doesn't exist. I'm not sure
what I need to do here. Would someone guide me here please ?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3063

Thanks,
Gelbana