calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rejected commits to master
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 21:36:09 GMT
That sounds plausible.

It looks as if the system accepted a commit from Laurent on one repo,
and a commit from me in another, while the repos where not in sync. It
sent emails confirming them, then later lost my commit. The CAP
theorem holds - we had availability in the presence of a partition,
but lost consistency. I'd rather sacrifice availability. Or only let
people commit to one of the repos.

I am worried that Apache INFRA don't realize that a distributed
transactional system is a difficult beast.

Julian