calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Ruben Q L <rube...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Parallel parameterized unit tests
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2019 09:29:36 GMT
Hi all,

thanks for opening this discussion, Stamatis.

I think there might be a third way. We could try to check if tuning
surefire configuration solves the problem.
Right now on calcite's pom.xml file we have:

<surefire.parallel>both</surefire.parallel>
<surefire.threadCount>1</surefire.threadCount>
<surefire.perCoreThreadCount>true</surefire.perCoreThreadCount>

Thanks to Haisheng's tests, we know that changing threadCount from 1
to 4 seems to be a workaround, at least on some environments.
Moreover, I have noticed that parallel "both" value is deprecated [1],
so maybe we should try some other values and see if that solves the
problem without disabling parallelization.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#parallel