calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Scott McKinney <sc...@manifold.systems>
Subject Type information from SQL parser?
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2019 21:10:55 GMT
Hi.  I'm reviewing Calcite for a project and I'm having difficulty wading
through the API. Roughly, I want the following functionality from the
Calcite API:

var schema = parseDDL(RAW_DDL); // SQL DDL or any type of Calcite
supported schema
var query = parseQuery("SELECT c1, c2 FROM t1 WHERE c2='value'", schema);
var selectFields = query.getSelectFields();for(var field: selectFields) {
  var name = field.getName();
  var type = field.getType(); // <~~~ want this in terms of `t1` from ddl
  ...}

The type information for the select list in terms of the tables etc. in the
DDL is what I'm after.

Is this possible?  Thanks!